Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Bit of Better Posting - Summing up my Blogging Experience

Over the semester I must say that this whole blogging thing has been really good for me. The terrifying mystery social media was to me is now friendly and VALUABLE. Two reasons. FIRST I learned how to blog. It's something I can do for the rest of my life to promote business (of which I plan to have many), to involve others in events like a family reunion or something, and to keep others posted about current events, for example if I travel to India or go see Machu Picchu. SECOND the steady consistent work we did helped me see what it takes to develop a new skill. Even though it is daunting at first, if we just try, and I mean honestly try, we can do it. It's like playing the piano, the first song you pound out is tiresome and long, but after daily practice over months and years, it comes naturally.
Now I am not saying I'm an expert, but here is one of my favorite blog posts I've done about a favorite Shakespeare plays Henry V. Obviously I put a lot of time into it and it felt good to analyze and think about the events from a historical viewpoint. On top of that, reading other's comments was informative.
Another one that I liked, which was more recent, is about the last lines of King Lear.

The weight of this sad time we must obey,
Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say.
The oldest have borne most; we that are young
Shall never see so much, nor live so long.

You can check that one out by clicking here.

Reading over my peer's posts and comments throughout the semester has been a treat. I was put into a dynamic group and feel like we heard positive, but different opinions all throughout the semester (I always enjoy an intelligent debate). One of my classmates, Christa (I could have used one from just about any of them, especially J.J.), posted about Music on her blog. The posts goes into detail about the use of music in Shakespeare's plays, analyzing the text and certain scenes from the play. She shows three of the four class outcomes in the post, gain "Shakespeare Literacy, analyze Shakespeare critically, and share Shakespeare meaningfully. The first is shown as she briefly acknowledges the "Tempest" as a contrast to another Shakespearean play, "As You Like It." Second she quotes the text and refers to scenes from the play to develop her point that "music and enchantment are eternally intertwined." And of course, by sharing her insights she is sharing it with all of us.
Again, I really feel like there were a lot of good posts given by classmates, here are two more I felt were superb. J.J.'s post, referring to the live blogging I thought the whole process was a very good, creative idea. Kelsie's post detailing how the director of the "Tempest" made Aerial and Prospero's relationship like a puppet and puppeteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment